Check out the newsletter provided below for a summary of all the recent upgrades in the world of blockchain technology.
Polygon system updates
- Recently, Coca-Cola has announced plans to release a Pride series NFT collection to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community on the polygon network.
- Share, a Web3 writing platform, proudly announced its collaboration with polygon studios. They said because of Polygonâ€™s ecosystem and Blockchain infrastructure they will be able to offer the best experience to their users.
- The coinbase exchange now supports deposits and withdrawals on the Polygon mainnet.
- Bulgari has teamed up with Polygon Studios to launch a collection of digital jewelry on Polygon.
- 0xpolygonDAO introduces WAGMI Job Drops, a virtual job fair series that bridges the gap between dApps and talent. An initiative was done by PolygonVillagecollaboration with Devfolio.
Shardeum system update
- Shardeum published their first Dapp ShardeumSwapâ€™s Journey and Official Logo on medium. Click here to read more.
- Shardeum distributed oxNfts to contributors and community builders as a reward for contributing with them for building and testing a powerful defi DApp that will serve millions of users worldwide.
- last week, they distributed their first shardeum liberty 1.0 Shardeum News Token (SNT).
- Shardeum released Bandit, an INO platform. Its Phase 1 just went live and aggregated NFT projects from all around the world.
- The Arbitrum Layer 2 solution became more expensive to use than usual. The higher-than-expected fees resulted from temporary congestion on Arbitrum.
Ethereum system update
- 1. PoW switch off (the Merge)The second of three public testnets to merge will occur next week, with Sepolia to turn off PoW forever sometime between Saturday and Wednesday, depending on hash power
- Mainnet-shadow-fork-8 merges July 5
- 2. Mainnet execution layerGray Glacier upgrade (delay difficulty bomb) successful;
- One block on the wrong chain, an estimate 0.2% of hash rate didnâ€™t upgrade
- Reminder: OpenEthereum (ex-Parity) client is deprecated
- Sepolia testnet releases (Besu needs to set TTD override):
- Geth v1.10.20
- Nethermind v1.13.4: snap sync now default
- Erigon 2022.07.01-alpha.
- 3 Proof of Stake consensus layerPoS implementers call video. Notes from Ben Edgington and Christine Kim
- Latest Whatâ€™s New in Eth2
- Sepolia testnet releases:
- Nimbus v22.6.1
- Teku v22.6.1
- Lodestar v0.39.0
- Lighthouse v2.3.2-rc.0
- Prysm v2.1.3-rc.4
- Lido overwhelmingly votes against self-limiting despite a warning from Danny Ryan
- Ben Edgingtonâ€™s Upgrading Ethereum book chapter on aggregator selection
- Prototype validator using Rock5 ARM board uses 5 watts (8 watts when syncing)
- Vitalikâ€™s approaches to cap validator set size argues in favor of a variable minimum balance
4. In their ecosystem Devcon ticket auction & raffle on Arbitrum, minimum bid 0.25 ETH, refundable minus 2% Sybil resistance fee.Polkadot system updates
- Polkadot announced the first-ever PolkaOscars ceremony in Polygon decoded NYC, rewarding the achievements of ambassadors and community members who go above and beyond to build growth and engagement in the Polkadot and Kusama network ecosystems.
- PolkadotDecoded NYC stage opens with the panel on Polkadotâ€™s interoperable DeFi ecosystem featuring speakers from Current, Prime Protocol, StellaSwap, and MoonbeamNetwork.
- The Polkadot ecosystem will soon have a para chain dedicated to decentralized social media named â€œFrequencyâ€, which will be the first implementation of The Decentralized Social Network Protocol.
- KYVE entered the Polkadot ecosystem this month. Launched integrations with both Polkadot and Kusama. This is a significant step for their team.
Klaytn system updates
- Klaytn merges the best features of public and private blockchains in an accessible development environment. Klaytn offers a week-long 20% discount on all $KLAY swaps in NOW Wallet & ChangeNOW Mobile.
- Klaytn projects are now supported by SnapshotLabs ðŸ™Œ Secure decentralized decision-making, Off-chain signing techniques that leverage IPFS & offer Fee-less voting. The guide on how to get your Klaytn project up and running on Snapshot is below:https://t.co/QwYo7n1Xw3
- Multichain a cross-chain router protocol X klaytnâž¡ï¸ Integration is on the way.ðŸ¤ŸThis collaboration will enable assets and communication to be freely transferred across klaytn and multiple chains, opening up new DeFi possibilities.